Schedule a Car Seat Installation
The North Shore Fire Department installs car seats for North Shore residents on an appointment only basis (This includes Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, Glendale, River Hills, Shorewood, Whitefish Bay) If you are not a North Shore resident, or need an alternative resource, you may visit BlueKids.org or SafeKidswi.org for a list of additional car seat fitting stations. We have partnered with the North Shore Health Department for car seat installations, therefore you may be contacted by a member of the Health Department to schedule your appointment.
- Appointments available Monday - Friday during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) - no walk-ins please.
- Donations are accepted at the time of your appointment to keep the car seat program in operation.
- Please bring your car seat manual, vehicle manual, and child along with you, if possible.
- Limit one (1) car seat per appointment. Each appointment lasts 30 to 40 minutes to allow for: inspection of seat, installation, and required educational information.
- If you are expecting a baby, it is best to schedule your appointment for at least one (1) month prior to the anticipated due date.