Vision Statement / Organizational Values
To provide a range of programs designed to educate and protect the lives and property of all North Shore residents from adverse effects of fires, sudden medical emergencies, or exposure to dangerous conditions created by either man or nature.
It is the vision of North Shore Fire/Rescue to be nationally recognized as an all-hazards, all-risk service provider by developing and maintaining strategic community partnerships, hiring and training exceptional people, developing efficiencies in service provision to ensure fiscal sustainability for the entire organization and maintaining our core infrastructure.
- Strategic Goal Number 1: Provide service that meets or exceeds the communities' expectations as North Shore Fire/Rescue's contribution towards public safety's overall mission of keeping communities safe.
- Strategic Goal Number 2: Develop and maintain partnerships within the community as a means to educate the public on how to keep their communities safe and receive feedback on the service provided by North Shore Fire/Rescue.
- Strategic Goal Number 3: Ensure North Shore Fire/Rescue is a fiscally sound organization.
- Strategic Goal Number 4: Recruit and maintain well trained and educated employees dedicated to providing service to the North Shore Communities.
- Strategic Goal Number 5: Facilities, apparatus and equipment will be maintained and replaced with respect to the efficiencies and limits of available resource allocations.
- We value having pride in the organization, the service we provide, the communities we serve, and the stations and equipment we use.
- We value the honor of being part of an organization and profession that is trusted by the community.
- We value the integrity and honesty of our members and what upholding these values means to our customers and other members.
- We value committing to excellence and reliability in everything we do.
- We value leadership, teamwork, innovation, labor-management collaboration, respect and tolerance in our organization.
- We value cooperation and region-wide planning with neighboring responders so that great service and efficiency are never hampered by territorialism or parochialism.
- We value the social good in what we do as an organization and as individuals.