CPR RsQ Assist
Sudden cardiac arrest is a leading cause of death. Sudden cardiac arrest is the abrupt loss of heart function in a person who may or may not have diagnosed heart disease. Survival depends on immediately getting cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) from someone nearby. Fact: 90% of people who suffer out-of-hospital cardiac arrest die because they don't receive immediate CPR from someone on the scene.
You can make the difference! Hands-Only CPR is a lifesaving technique involving no mouth-to-mouth contact and can be administered on top of minimal clothing. The American Heart Association guideline for Hands-Only CPR recommends at least 100 chest compressions per minute for at least two minutes at a depth of two inches in the center of the victim's chest. Results show that compression-only CPR can save lives and improve chances of long term survival. Compression-only CPR encourages more people to get involved; more lives can be saved!
About CPR RsQ Assist
People who have cardiac arrest need quick CPR in the first 3 to 5 minutes to have a chance of survival. CPR RsQ Assist is a device that simplifies the application of Hands-Only CPR.
- CPR RsQ Assist makes the Hands-Only technique easier. Independent clinical studies of CPR RsQ Assist have shown a 90% reduction in fatigue and a 94.5% increase in performance results over traditional CPR. It also reduces the possibility of cracked ribs from administered compressions.
- CPR RsQ Assist is Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved for use on anyone age 8 and over.
- CPR RsQ Assist requires no special training. First, call 911. Then, simply turn on the red button in the center of the device and follow the voice prompts. Push hard, and push fast (in sync with the prompts) until help arrives.
- CPR RsQ Assist is equipped with an audio and visual metronome with a flashing red LED light and voice prompt to guide you confidently through the compression timing. The easy to grip, non-slip handle on the unit allows you to leverage your upper body strength and weight as you push down delivering quality compressions to the center of the chest. By compressing the chest, blood is forced to flow again, particularly to the brain. Maintaining blood flow is a crucial component of CPR.
- CPR RsQ Assist is affordable. Every household can be prepared for a cardiac emergency. It can be purchased as a wall mounted unit ($122) or portable unit ($79.50) plus shipping and handling.
North Shore Fire/Rescue Foundation is promoting the use of CPR RsQ Assist. Its use can save a life. By administering immediate compressions with CPR RsQ Assist until North Shore Fire/Rescue (or other paramedics) can respond to the 911 emergency call, can make the difference between life and death.
For every unit purchased, $25 will be donated to the North Shore Fire/Rescue Foundation to benefit their sponsorship of the paramedic program. To order, call 877-277-7998. Use code: NSCPR. Saving a life has just become a little easier thank you for your participation!